The Circle Trust believes that all children and young people deserve to have an excellent well-rounded education and to flourish in first-rate schools where the best teaching, the best facilities and the most up-to-date resources are made available to them.
Our name “The Circle Trust” symbolically reflects features of this Multi-Academy Trust (MAT). It is a name that is deliberately neutral and without association of a specific school, educational phase, school type or local place. The circle gives a pictorial sense of inclusivity, which can naturally expand, with the overlapping circles in our logo depicting our desire to collaborate.
Our Trust is a community of schools that have shared values and share an essential common ethos and vision for education and learning, as encapsulated in our values. These values drive our behaviour, decision making and ambitions:
- The highest educational outcomes for every learner is paramount
- Preserving the unique identity and ethos of all partner schools is essential
- To be anything but utterly inclusive is non-negotiable
- Being self-reflective is essential in encouraging innovation, our Trust is always driven to improve further
- We value strong clear moral purposed leadership
- We depend on recruiting, retaining and professionally developing members of staff who are ambitious for all children and young peoples’ futures
- Our Trust promotes collaborating with others and being outward looking
Our fundamental view is that schools should be led by, and their improvement driven by, their Headteacher with their local governance. Our stewardship of public funds and resource will always be open to scrutiny and above reproach. Our Trust wholly accepts our educational, legal and moral duties and will decisively act when required.
In essence, our Trust is accountable to schools and schools accountable to the Trust.
Stemming from our vision and values we believe it essential that schools should be run by, and their improvement driven by, their staff led by their Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Local Advisory Board (LAB). The leadership team and LAB have responsibility for the educational standards and the development of the individual character of their school.
Therefore The Circle Trust provides support to LAB’s to help them perform their monitoring duties, as